Monday, March 8, 2010

Catch-Up Post

Sorry for my extreme lack of posting last week!  It was both a busy week and a week where I was very low on energy, and blogging just had to take a back seat.  This pregnancy I've really been struggling with my energy levels; it's been hard for me to keep up with my basic housework and I'm way behind in cutting out coupons.  As I get into the second trimester things seem to be improving a little, but not as much as I could hope.

I kind of exhausted myself with freezer cooking on Monday and Tuesday of last week, but thoughout the week I was very happy that I got what I did made.  My final totals were the following:

16 onion bagels
9 sandwich rolls
a loaf of whole wheat bread
cranberry muffins (x2) - all of which we've already eaten!
2 batches of homemade corn chips
a large pot of chili for us and a friend


I was also busy last week preparing for my favorite consignment sale, which took place on Saturday.  I had to tag the items that I was selling, as well as tag some donations to the sale as part of my volunteer commitment.

I always enjoy the weekend of the consignment sale, and this year was no exception.  I didn't need anything major and I didn't get any earth-shaking bargains this time, but I got a lot of items on my wish list, both for the girls and for the new baby.  One of my favorite finds was this beautiful Gymboree dress for only $5, which LuLu will wear next Christmas. 
GiGi already has a gold dress to wear, so I thought silver and gold would be cute and a little different!

I also picked up this Boppy travel swing for the new baby for $10 (retails for $69.99).  Space is always at a premium in our little house, so I liked that this is sort of a bouncy chair and little swing in one.

Since I didn't have any items that I was desperately seeking this time, I enjoyed browsing around the sale and getting to look at everything.  Then, having been up since 5:15, I went home and took a nap!

The rest of our weekend was both eventful, and, as my husband put it, uplifting!  A friend ended up going into labor at a playgroup that I hosted on Friday morning, and had her baby girl that evening.  We helped watch her son, and it was so fun to participate in such a special time.  Then on Sunday, a very good friend, who was my husband's best man, got engaged. 

So despite my tiredness and backlog of blogging and other chores, life is good!

PS - I'll be posting the CVS deals and my menu plan for the week shortly.  I went to Wegmans this morning, so look for some good Wegmans deals tomorrow.  And coming up this week, a review and another giveaway!  Plus, the second installment of my "couponing for beginners series."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!