Monday, April 19, 2010

Hello, Dolly!

Yesterday my family went to see my sister's college production of Hello, Dolly!  I love musicals, but I didn't remember thinking that much of this particular one.  However, the school did a really great job, and I have a new appreciation for the show.

There are several reflections about money in the show, but one line in particular struck me:

"Money is like manure; it's of no use unless it's spread about making young things grow."

Of course, this is a somewhat humorous line, but in a way it's profound, too.  The money we save is of no use if it's just being hoarded.  I think "making young things grow" could refer to so many things: investing, starting a small business, or, most of all, the way we use most of our money right now: taking care of young people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!