Saturday, April 10, 2010

This Week's Shopping

I got some good deals at Wegmans the beginning of this week.  I found Easter candy marked 50% off, and I still had coupons that had not expired.  I also found Pillsbury Easter Ready-to-Bake cookies for $.99 and Hillshire Farms Little Smokies for $.99!  (Not sure why the Little Smokies were marked down; maybe because they were about a week away from the expiration date.)  I had a $1.00/2 coupon for each of those items, so I got two packages of cookies and two packages of sausages for $.49 each!

In total, I spent just $22.51 at Wegmans for this week's perishables and a few deals.  I'm realizing that when I think about my monthly budget overall, I need to remember to save about $20/week for our weekly "necessities" -- for us, at least milk, yogurt, and fruit.  The rest of the budget can be used to stock up on various deals, but I need to have that $20 for even the last week  of the month to get us through.

With all the Easter food we still had in the house, the Wegmans trip was all I spent on groceries this week.   That brings my total for the month to $193.63, with $121.37 remaining.  There's still three weeks remaining in the month, but, especially after all the stocking up I did at the beginning of the month, I don't think it will be too difficult to stay in budget.

See how others this week did or share your deals at Super Savings Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!