Saturday, May 29, 2010

More Than Free Kelloggs Cereal at Giant!


Yesterday afternoon I headed over to Giant, primarily because of some good produce deals. I also noticed that there is a Kellogg's promotion running in which selected cereals are Buy 4 for $6.  I was sure that I could turn this into a good deal, but I didn't realize that Kellogg's would actually be paying me $1 to take the cereal from the store!

Here's how I did it:

Bought 4 of the selected cereals - $6
Used 2 $1.00/2 Kelloggs printables here and here
Used 2 Giant Dollar Doublers that were in the front of my ad (may not be all stores)
Paid $2 Out of Pocket
Then - SURPRISE - I received a $3 coupon off my next order!

The catalina coupon was a total shock; I couldn't find mention of it anywhere in the ad.  However, the coupon itself says that it is a promtion running through June 3 where if you buy 3 Kelloggs cereals you get a $2 coupon, buy 4 get a $3 coupon, or buy 5 get a $4 coupon.  I love this kind of surprise!

The cereals in the promotion included Raisin Bran, Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops, Apple Jacks, Rice Krispies, and Cocoa Krispies, all in specific selected sizes (check your ad).  Even if you don't have the Dollar Doublers, you could get all 4 boxes of cereal for $1 total!  Best of all, the sale only started yesterday, so there's plenty of time to do the deal multiple times!

I was also pleased with the other deals I got at Giant; I paid $20.38 for everything pictured, plus got the $3 coupon.  I got a watermelon for $3.99, blackberries for $.99, and 12 ears of corn for $1.99.  The yogurt was on sale for $.50 each, and using a $.50/8 and a $.40/6 coupon, I got them for slightly better than my max target price of $.40 each.  The ice cream was on sale for $2.50, and I happened to have a $2.00/2 Edys Slow-Churned coupon from a mailer.  That made them $1.50 each, a really good deal.  We love to keep ice cream around in the summer, but I really try to pay no more than $2/carton.

Here are my monthly grocery totals, which I haven't published in a while:

May:
Total - $310.76

June:
(I decided to start June shopping on Thursday with a larger Wegmans trip, just to save myself having to go early next week.)

Wegmans - $72. 31
Giant - $20.38
Total - $92.69

I'm stocked up on a lot of things right now, so I'm feeling pretty good. :-)

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I was just talking to my husband last night about how we should start trying to utilize coupons- I think I'll start with this cereal since I have a Giant right down the road! I also love checking their racks they have at the back with the cheap stuff. Always fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Giant? (I think the one we have is Giant Food Stores (I hate that there are so many different Giants! All different) -Amanda Y. (ayyogurt)(yahoo) (dotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this is for Giant Food, not Giant Eagle. I think that is the correct distinction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, a fellow blogger just reported that she didn't get the catalina at her store, so I can't guarantee this will work everywhere. However, I have now done the deal twice and got the catalina twice at my store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!