Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome Visitors from Money Saving Mom

If you're visiting from Money Saving Mom today, welcome!  I feel very honored to have a guest post published on one of my very favorite frugal blogs.

Frugally Blonde is all about "living the good life on less." I write about all aspects of frugal living, everything from couponing to thrift store shopping to cooking and gardening. I firmly believe that it is possible to live an exciting and fulfilling life without spending a lot of money!

Some regular features on my blog that you may enjoy include my Monday or Tuesday Weekly Deal Roundup, my Tuesday Tip, and my Saturday shopping totals for the week. I also put together a weekly list of deals at Wegmans with coupon matchups, which usually appears on Tuesday.

Also feel free to check out some of my most popular posts, listed on my left sidebar, including Eating Healthy on a Budget, 7 Simple Ways to Save on Groceries, and Homemade Bagels.

Finally, since I submitted my guest post to Crystal a number of months ago, my family has actually been blessed to purchase a second car, after 4-1/2 years of marriage living with one.  You can read about my wonderful Thanksgiving gift here.

If you'd like to keep up with Frugally Blonde, you can sign up for my RSS feed or for an email subscription. You an also follow me on Twitter!

Thanks again for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. It was a great/interesting post! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I live in the DC area too (Md suburbs) and we also went a while with no car - I totally related to your guest post at Crystal's blog!

    We were blessed a few years ago to be given an older, but still in good condition SUV. The number one thing I found was how tempting it was to leave the house everyday and end up getting a lot less done at home! So even with the freedom of the car, I still try to keep the outings to once or twice a week, and still often do my grocery shopping in the evenings when my husband is home.

    Anyway, thanks for your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your post. Good for you to "buck society" and do what is right for your family, staying in your financial limits. If more families were like your, there would be no "recession crisis." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article about the 1 car. We actually just sold our second car because my husband takes public transport most days and it seemed silly to have 1 car that was so rarely driven. I know there will be times he will need our car and I will be left w/o one but now that I also have 2 girls, I agree with you that it's often a much better day when we stay at home rather than trying to get out to tons of activities that just end up stressing us out. Anyway, we're so happy we did it and are putting all the saved money toward our next car purchase. Thanks for posting about this topic...you definitely helped give me the extra reassurance to do it, even though it's a bit of a different situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth!

    Is this really you? I was reading your guest post on Money Saving Mom and liked it so much, I decided to visit your site! Then I said to myself, "Hey, I know her!" How exciting to find someone I know! Congrats on your new minivan!!

    Margaret from St. John's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret!

    Yes, it's Elizabeth from the mom's group at St. John's! I'm really glad you enjoyed my post and that you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There ~
    Loved your post!

    We are a one car family as well. I have two preschoolers. So like yourself I drive my hubby to work to have a little fun with my boys or run errands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't forget you are also missing out on so many deals that could be saving you money in the long run.Insurance is not so expensive if you buy a used one in good shape

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked your post. I will subscribe to your blog. My family shares one car too. :-) No problems or worries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had one car when we lived in Cleveland,Ohio for 2 years.Then off and on for part of the time in Columbus we had one car.Every once in awhile I would be late for church nursery and the lady would say if you have to come in seperate cars for you to be on time then do it.I would have to tell her we only have one car and I would get the strangest looks.It was hard to be on time with 2 small children at the time.Glad to hear that you have a van now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Liz!
    I love that Crystal from Money Saving Mom featured your post about being a one-vehicle family.
    As always, it's a pleasure reading what you and other frugal bloggers in Northern VA are writing about.
    Keep up the great work!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!